All Ably accounts have a free or pre-paid allocation (quota) of messages, peak connections and peak channels, and this will vary depending on your chosen package. Based on how many messages, connections and channels you have purchased, Ably also imposes various hard limits on your account to prevent abuse of your account, and unexpected spend that is significantly more than what you have purchased. If you are nearing your limits, you will receive an email from Ably advising that you increase your quota by upgrading your account.
If you have received an email in regards to a quota you are nearly or recently exceeded, or a hard limit you have hit on your account, then we recommend you do the following:
- Review the full spectrum of limits that apply to Ably accounts
- Refer to the limit reference documentation that describes each limit and what can be done to resolve the issue
- Consider upgrading your account if you need to increase the quota and thus limits on your account
- If you are unclear what combination of messages, connections or channels you need to avoid hitting a limit, use our online package and limits calculator (the message, connections and channels fields are editable).
If you are not sure how to proceed, or need urgent help resolving the issue, then please contact support *
* Please note that if you are not a Business or Enterprise customer, then you do not have a support contract with Ably, and the response times will vary. Please refer to our package comparison page which details the support options, target response times and service and support SLAs.